My Innernet Notebook



I went grocery shopping. When I came home I realized that the plastic bags which I’d bought came in a plastic bag and that at the checkout, they'd put them in another plastic bag. I’d purchased the plastic bags for the recycling box.

*

everything is backwards; even backwards.

*

the bubbling taxi of wonder to the north of lake whatever

*

trees never reach their destination, except to begin again

*

For show and tell, the boy brought the ocean to school.

*

I just found out that when Columbus set out across the ocean, there were a few Jews on board with him. This at the time of the Inquisition and the expulsion of Jews from the Iberian peninsula.

*

The fossil glow of language: Language continues to expand, light from the edge, from further and further away. And in a trick of spacetime, light from both the past and the future.

*

Strange to transcribe these entries from my little Moleskine notebook. There's a tactility and ritual to writing things in the book. Also, an intimacy and an inwardness. The notebook is wireless, but not because it is connected to the Internet.

*

photo: my son Ryan writing in his notebook at the Giants Causeway,Country Antrim, Northern Ireland

Comments