Influency Salon and those sailor guys who fix ropes.



I wrote about Margaret Christakos' fantastic Influency course (for which I read my work and gave a presentation on Rachel Zolf; Allan Briesmaster gave a lecture on my work.) here. Margaret has now expanded the reach of this dialogue and reader/writer community/conversation-building course into a great online journal at InfluencySalon.ca. The journal is designed extend the discussion and thoughtful consideration of Canadian writers.

One feature of the journal, entitled "Frames," features different writer's responses to different photographs by Ralph Kolewe. I was invited to contribute. I ended up creating a vispo version of the photo, writing a poem (The Marlinespike Chantey), and creating an audio work based on the poem. The whole shebang can be found here.

Comments